New Milford Buzz
166 Arts Organizations, Including 3 From New Milford, Receive $786K In Grants From Connecticut Arts Endowment Fund
HARTFORD, CT — The Connecticut Office of the Arts recently announced the 166 Connecticut Arts Endowment grants that were awarded to local nonprofits totaling $786,107.
- Brookfield Craft Center, Inc. – $6,488
- Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut – $1,620
- Danbury Music Centre, Inc. – $1,313
- Friends of the Ives, Inc. – $500
- Kent Singers – $500
- TheatreWorks New Milford, Inc. – $500
- Village Center for the Arts – $969
- Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum – $3,927
- Ridgefield Chorale – $615
- Ridgefield Playhouse for Movies and the Performing Arts – $6,021
- Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra – $1,684
- Ridgefield Workshop for the Performing Arts/Ridgefield Theater Barn – $500
- Arts Escape, Inc. – $875
To see the full list of grant recipients, visit the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development’s website.
BROOKFIELD, CT — A Brookfield gymnastics studio has lots to be proud of after four out of their five Xcel Gold State gymnasts placed in the championships held at Killingly High School on April 21 and 22, 2018.
Kratos Gymnastics, owned by Ashley and Mihael Anton, had four of their gymnasts on the Xcel Gold Team compete. In their first season of the Xcel Gold level, everyone qualified to the CT State Championships and medaled in their individual age groups.
- Izabella Dobkowski, of Danbury, placed fourth on the floor exercise.
- Ella Penna, of Sherman, came in ninth place on balance beam and second place on the floor exercise.
- Mila Kuilan, of Danbury, came in fifth place on balance beam, fourth place on vault and uneven bars and all-around, and came in first place CT State Champion on floor exercise.
- Madison Larkin, of New Milford, came in ninth place on vault, second place on floor, and 1st place CT State Champion on uneven bars, balance beam, and all around.
Best Brunch Spots in New Milford
NEW MILFORD, CT — Belgian Waffles, Vegetable Omelets, Spinach Frittattas, Country Farm Pancakes…. is your mouth watering yet? Looking for a great spot to take the family for Easter Brunch or Passover? Here are the top spots in New Milford, as ranked by Trip Advisor and Yelp users.
Yelp’s Top 3 New Milford Brunch Spots
Trip Advisor’s Top 3 New Milford Brunch Spots
- The Green Granary, 84 Railroad St.
- Theo’s Downtown Diner, 14 Railroad St.
- Diner Luxe, 108 Danbury Rd.
What do you think of their picks? Tell us in the comments.
We wish you a very Happy Passover season and a Happy Easter to you and yours!
Photo Credit: Stijn Nieuwendijk via Flickr Creative Commons